How is 2018 treating you so far? Are you brimming with energy and excitement and making the most of each day? If you need a boost so you can feel like the strongest, most vigorous version of yourself, we’re thrilled to offer four new classes and five tips to motivate you.
We step onto the yoga mat for different reasons at different times in our lives. Sometimes our needs center on a spiritual practice, sometimes we need to release mental stress and tension, and sometimes we simply seek the physical benefits of strength, flexibility, and balance. The beautiful thing about yoga is with all the various styles; you can find classes suitable for whatever you need.
This week, our focus is on practicing yoga to cultivate a sense of vigor, which is defined as being strong, healthy, and full of energy.
When you feel strong physically, there’s a direct correlation to how you feel emotionally and mentally as well. It’s all connected. Building strength takes tapas or discipline, dedication, and inner fire.
Here are the top five reasons focusing on your asana practice pays off for your overall health and well-being:
1. Building core strength will protect your spine and help alleviate and/or relieve back pain. Strengthening your center is vital for excellent posture and preventing injuries. Poses to try: Navasana (Boat Pose) and Phalakasana (Plank Pose)
2. Building physical strength will improve your circulation and cardiovascular health, which in turn impacts your energy levels. Poses to try: Sun Salutation A and B
3. Building strength will help you maintain a balanced metabolism by enhancing muscle tone, circulation, and digestion. Poses to Try: Virabhadrasana 1, 2 and 3 (Warrior 1, 2 and 3), Arm Balances like Bakasana (Crow Pose)
4. Building strength will help you advance in your asana practice because you’ll be able to hold poses longer or access certain postures that require more muscular control. Poses to Try: Hold standing postures for 10 breaths.
5. Building strength will boost your confidence because you’ll feel invigorated and ready to face any challenge. Try any or all of our new classes this week for a confidence boost!
NEW CLASSES :
Nothing but Core II Claire Petretti Marti
EP's Yoga Rocks Eric Paskel (FREE CLASS)
Morning Badass Flow 2: Just Another Day Mark Morford
Transform Tension into Vitality Geenie Celento
Signup for info on the latest classes and discounts.
© COPYRIGHT 2019 YOGADOWNLOAD