1. Lowers Blood Sugar Levels: Diabetes is becoming an increasingly common lifestyle issue, and its effects can be life-threatening. Yoga can not only prevent or delay the onset of diabetes, but also help control spiking blood sugar levels in people already suffering from diabetes. Along with a proper diet, yoga can prove to be extremely helpful in controlling diabetes. Asanas like pranayama are a great solution for lowering blood sugar. You can practice it in any weather, and it does not require additional equipment.
2. Improves Mental Health: An integral part of yoga is meditation. It requires you to calm your mind and focus on a particular thing. Yoga not only helps you increase your concentration skills but also works on your temperament. Meditation also helps better your memory, and lowers stress and anxiety. After you have finished your yoga routine for the day, it is likely to make you feel refreshed and invigorated. You will definitely feel more energized to take on more tasks.
3. Facilitates Weight Loss: Even though yoga does not require any other equipment, it facilitates weight loss. The notion is to use your body to effectively help you lose the pounds you have gained. Yoga helps you tone your muscles while simultaneously losing stored fats. There are various types of yoga you can practice, depending on your flexibility. Most often, for optimum weight loss, people practice Bikram yoga that requires a higher level of flexibility and stamina.
4. Improves Immunity: Yoga also boosts your immunity and helps you maintain good health. The breathing techniques implicit in pranayama keep your respiratory tract and lungs in good shape. They also increase the mechanical efficiency of your lungs and their elasticity. Various other postures help soothe joint and muscle aches, and reduce stiffness and soreness. Yoga also facilitates increased blood circulation that energizes vital organs and improves their efficiency.
5. Reduces Risks Of Heart Diseases: Yoga not only helps tone your body but also helps lower the Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) count. The breathing techniques and postures allow your vital organs to function at their optimum. It also ensures increased metabolism that contributes to reducing the bad cholesterol count in your blood. When LDL is lowered, it simultaneously increases the count of High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) in the blood that keeps your heart healthy.
Practicing yoga is a healthy lifestyle choice you can incorporate. It will help you discipline your mind and body without any side effects. It is also believed to increase life expectancy since all your health issues will be resolved. Now that you know the reasons behind the world taking note of yoga, you should take it up too.
By Vineetha Reddy
Being a regular practitioner and adviser of everything related to health, fitness and yoga, I have also begun to write and contribute to this knowledge ecosystem on sites like YogaDownload.com. I strongly believe that the organic food you find in your pantry provide the best benefits for good health.
Signup for info on the latest classes and discounts.
© COPYRIGHT 2019 YOGADOWNLOAD