Over the past five years since taking on the Conscious Cleanse and learning to live the 80:20 as a lifestyle, my health has completely changed.
Because this has been such a life-changing shift, I wanted to share some of my tried and true foods for keeping those nasty spring allergies at bay.
Check out my five favorite foods for reducing spring allergy symptoms below. Do you feel like spring kicks you in the tush? Come drop me a line below and share your story.
With spring-blooming love,
5 Foods to Fight Your Spring Allergies
1. Fermented veggies. Gut health is key in combating the spring-time funk. Just a few servings of your favorite fermented veggie can increase the good bacteria in your gut, keeping your immune system strong. Our recommended brand, Ozuke, comes from our friends right here in Boulder.
2. Dark leafy greens. Kale, spinach, chard oh my! Dark leafy greens contain quercetin, which is a natural antihistamine blocker. Our favorite way to incorporate greens is by drinking a green smoothie. Join the green smoothie revolution with us!
3. Nettles. Make your own nettle infusion to remedy spring symptoms. Nettles fight inflammation and help your body build up a tolerance to the histamine response, making it nature’s natural allergy shot.
4. Salmon. Known for being one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids, this wild fish has been shown to improve lung function. Breathe easy this spring with just 2-3 servings of salmon a week.
5. Broccoli. This cruciferous wonder contains high levels of vitamin C which helps to combat inflammation. In just 500 mg you’ll notice an improvement in your allergy symptoms. Two cups of broccoli contains 160 mg, so eat up and feel better fast!
Jo Schaalman and Julie Peláez are co-authors of the book The Conscious Cleanse: Lose Weight, Heal Your Body, and Transform Your Life in 14 Days, a best-selling, step-by-step guide to help you live your most vibrant life. Together they've lead thousands of people through their online supported cleanse through their accessible and light-hearted approach. They've been dubbed “the real deal” by founder and chief creative director Bobbi Brown, of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, beauty editor of the TODAY show.
To learn more about “Jo and Jules” and to download a free e-cookbook for a sampling of the delicious food served up on the Conscious Cleanse, please visit their website.
After you make this yummy recipe try a healing yoga class with Jo or Jules:
Conscious Cleanse Detox Flow - Jo Schaalman
Heart Opening Forrest Yoga Flow - Jo Schaalman
Traditional Hot Yoga - Julie Peláez
Signup for info on the latest classes and discounts.
© COPYRIGHT 2023 YOGADOWNLOAD