Arthritis sucks. It is the most common ailment in the United States. But just like any ailment, there are ways to ease the symptoms by eating foods that reduce inflammation.
Here is a list of seven that might help you find relief from arthrisis:
1. Green tea. Contains a natural antioxidant which may prevent cartilage from breaking down.
2. Foods with Omega-3 fatty acids. Fish oils. flaxseeds, walnuts and other good fats may help build strength and reduce fatigue.
3. Olive oil. Contains a compound that blocks the same inflammatory pathways as ibuprofen and aspirin.
4. Fruits and Veggies containing Beta Carotene. Foods like carrots, pumpkin, kale, and sweet potatoes not only help reduce inflammation but may prevent inflammation-related disorders like rheumatoid arthritis.
5. Vitamin C. Foods with Vitamin C – oranges, broccoli, bell peppers, kiwis, kidney beans, and more – may be responsible for the growth of collagen, and therefore cartilage, in the body.
6. Anthocyanins. These super powerful antioxidants inhibit inflammatory chemicals and can be found in the red and purple foods like eggplant, cranberries, grapes, plums and currants.
7. Spices. For eons, pungent spices like ginger and turmeric have been used medicinally for their anti-inflammatory properties.
If you have arthritis or are wanting to prevent it in the future, avoid these five food groups:
1. Saturated fats
2. Trans fats
3. Fried food in general
4. Refined carbohydrates
5. Foods high in simple sugars
By Elise Fabricant
Elise Fabricant is a top teacher on YogaDownload.com. She's also always at your service for one-on-one coaching. If you’re ready to make big changes in all aspects of your life, sign up for a complimentary clarity session with her from her website here.
Practice this free yoga class with Elise!
Morning Yoga Quickie 2 with Elise
Signup for info on the latest classes and discounts.
© COPYRIGHT 2022 YOGADOWNLOAD