This package is a collection of our most popular yoga classes designed specifically to target the muscles used most by runners, namely the core, quads, hamstrings, hip flexors, and calves.
This series includes 9 yoga classes that can be done before and/or after a run, or on off days, to help lengthen and stretch tight muscles casued by running. There are a variety of length options available from 20-60 minutes, and one of the classes, Yoga for Runners, has several different length options so you can choose the perfect class to fit your schedule on any particular day. These classes range from soothing and relaxing to the more challenging vinyasa class so you will have a nice variety to suit your mood and keep things interesting.
- Download versions of 6 guided yoga videos and 3 guided audio classes with PDF pose guides - 1 with 4 differnt length options (over 8 1/2 hours) led by our top certified YogaDownload instructors
- PDF guide that gives descriptions for each of the classes offered - see below to preview th guide.
What will you get from this series:
- The perfect way to lengthen and stretch all the muscles that become extremely tight from running
- A wide variety of classes, teachers and lengths to fit your schedule and keep it fresh so you don't get bored
- Relaxing classes to help you unwind and stretch each of the muscles you use when running
- Flow classes that will get your body ready physically and mentally for your run
Benefits of a yoga practice for runners:
- Reduce muscle rigidity in the legs and release tension from connective tissue
- Greatly decrease the chance of injury from running
- Increase the strength, flexibility, and endurance of muscles needed for running
- Improve run time
- Create balance in the body and correct gait problems that can lead to knee, hip, and back pain
- Strengthen the respiratory system through emphasis on controlled breathing
- Increase mental toughness and learn to better focus on the present moment