How long will this program take? What sort of time commitment will I have to make?
We recommend completing the course in 3-4 months, but you can move at your own pace and have 12 months to complete your course material online. Within that time, you can review the lectures, materials, interact with mentors, connect with other students and continue your knowledge as you progress through the course. Once you finish the course, you will continue to have access to the course materials where you can review lecture videos and other items, connect with other graduates, and further your education.
Are the courses interactive, or done on my own?
Courses in this program are done both on your own and interactively. You review the video and text content on your own schedule and at your own pace, and are required to complete video and written assignments, plus online testing as you move through the coursework. Our mentors review and grade each assignment and provide thorough feedback. You can also freely interact with the mentors and other students currently in the program throughout your coursework through the course forum and/or via messaging.
Are there any prerequisites for signing up?
There are no prerequisites for this course, and you need not be a yoga expert before registering. What we do ask is that you have at least some level of yoga practice under your belt so you are familiar with basic postures and the flow of a vinyasa class, but you are also right at home if you are a more advanced yogi or have already taken a training. Much of what you find here fills in the gaps as it is comprehensive and designed to provide you with what you need to know to become an extraordinary teacher.
What system/other requirements are needed to participate?
You will need to make sure you have the following:
- A webcam, camcorder, or video capture capability on your smartphone or other device as you will need to submit videos to us as part of your coursework.
- A decent internet connection to be able to access the course materials.
- You will need to purchase two books in addition to the price of the program: Sacred Sound and Myths of the Asanas. More info regarding this will be provided after registration.
- Proficiency with English is recommended, as all instruction is given in English.
Can I complete the program on my iPad or other mobile device?
Yes, you can use your iPad or other mobile devices to complete this program.
Is a YogaDownload subscription included?
Yes, you will automatically receive a Year Elite Subscription Membership to YogaDownload with the purchase of the full program, and a 3-month Elite Subscription Membership with the purchase of an individual course. If you already have a membership with us your new subscription will be added to the end of your current membership.
Is there a course outline syllabus I can view?
Yes, click here to view the Online Yoga Teacher Training course syllabus.
Can I preview the program to see what it's all about?
Yes, click here to participate in a preview of the program.
What payment options do you accept?
You can pay with a credit card or PayPal using our secured checkout process. All pricing is listed in US dollars and payments will be automatically be converted to US dollars if you are paying with another currency.
Do you have a payment plan?
While we don't have a payment plan available, you can purchases courses indivudually and pay over time that way: purchase individual training courses. The Final Culmination module is free of charge once you successfully complete all other six modules.
What about Certification?
Upon successful completion of The YogaDownload Teacher Training you will be certified by YogaDownload.com in The Kaivalya Yoga Method. We are creating a dedicated and searchable website for our certified teachers which will feature your bio, teaching schedule, and contact information so the world can see that you’ve met our rigorous testing standards and demonstrated your ability to lead stellar classes for a wide variety of students.
Will I be a Yoga Alliance Certified Instructor Upon Completion of this Program?
This course is Alanna’s previously-offered, Yoga Alliance registered 200 hour live training, now offered online with expanded teachings, enhanced personal connection and extensive engagement and feedback. It includes far more content than is ever possible in a live training format.
This Kaivalya Yoga Method Teacher Training with YogaDownload.com is not currently registered with Yoga Alliance. Though we work together in this course for well over 200 hours and are in constant contact with you as we provide a highly personalized experience, Yoga Alliance has informed us that according to their interpretation of “contact” hours, working online does not qualify for “contact” hours. We humbly disagree.
This online program far exceeds the standards of a 200 hour Yoga Alliance training. Here’s how:
- Personalized guidance, review, and feedback of coursework and assignments throughout the course
- Rigorous testing standards including video uploads of teaching technique
- ALL educators are 500++ hours trained in The Kaivalya Yoga Method and complementary techniques
- Classes, training and consultation available around the clock, and for review as many times as necessary
- Extensive body of knowledge covering all aspects of yoga & teaching technique that is viewable again and again at your convenience including:
- 35+ hours of training in anatomy for yoga: an essential body of knowledge for all teachers
- Safe and effective hands-on adjustments techniques
- Principles of bhakti (devotional) yoga, chanting and mantra
- Thorough sequencing skills based on body mechanics and subtle body principles
- Feedback and review of your teaching practice throughout the course
- Business skills and insider insights into how to land jobs, market, start teaching private and public classes and tailor teaching to specific demographics such as beginners and prenatal clients
- Training in how to translate the ancient practices including sacred texts, yogic mythology and philosophy to a modern audience
None of these are required by Yoga Alliance, nor are they common among other teacher trainings. We, the developers and most importantly, you, the students, are adopting a new use of technology. As those to first use electricity faced adversity from those attached to the familiarity of the oil lamp, we are pioneers moving the potential of yoga forward--both into the future and to those who would not be able to participate in a teacher training in a traditional format. We will keep the dialogue with Yoga Alliance open in an attempt to change their minds, however your path to becoming an impactful yoga teacher will not be affected by their decision.
Yoga Alliance is a registration body, similar to that of a trade organization. They do not certify teachers, nor do they test or require anyone to meet any of the standards they set. Because we recognize certification is important to you, we are creating our own YogaDownload / Kaivalya Yoga Method certification program. Completion of this course certifies you by YogaDownload.com and as a Kaivalya Yoga Method Instructor.
Your registration fee is included with the cost of this training, and you will never be charged a yearly renewal fee. We are creating a website to feature your bio, teaching schedule, and contact information so the world can see that you’ve met our rigorous testing standards and demonstrated your ability to lead stellar classes for a wide variety of students. This is our sincere and grateful attempt at highlighting our approved teachers and providing you the chance to shine within our powerful network of teachers and students.
Together, we will show the yoga world the power of online education and the strength of the community that binds us.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us at: