The world is composed of five elements: earth, air, water, fire, and space (or ether). Learn how yoga can help you cultivate balance using these principles as well as how to embody these components in your yoga practice with this class package. Dive deeper and tune into your connection to nature!
1. The Earth Element: The earth element is the foundation, not just of your physical body, but of each asana. You begin to find stability and strength through your connection with the earth, from the ground up. Think of rooting your feet into the floor in Warrior II or pressing your hands into the mat in Downward Dog. Each posture grows from this grounding energy. Celebrate your connection to Mother Earth with Element Yoga: Earth.
2. The Air Element: Next, the air element circulates the prana or life force through our body, fueling the body and mind. Pranayama or breath control practice can aid us in feeling more calm, more energized, and more expansive. It allows us to move from the gross body into the subtle body and connect with our mental acuity and deeper intelligence, or buddhi. The air element supports the journey toward external and internal refinement. Embody the element with: Element Yoga: Air.
3. The Water Element: The water element helps us cultivate a soft, yet powerful strength in our practice. It aids us in feeling the movement within the stillness, the fluidity of linking your breath to your movement in an effortless manner. Through repetition and synchronization, water imparts a feeling of resilience and balance. Embody the softness with: Element Yoga: Water.
4. The Fire Element: In order to remain motivated, we need the discipline, the willpower, and the energy of our mind to stoke our inner fire. It’s not about practicing yoga in a hot room, it’s about harnessing the fire that lives in our belly to transform ourselves. By learning to properly engage your bandhas or locks, you can create change. Uddiyana bandha generates heat through the abdomen, the power center. Proper use of Mula and Jalandhara bandhas can redirect and transform the fire generated in your belly. Fire embodies the qualities of transformation, intensity, power, and inspiration. Learn more with: Element Yoga: Fire.
5. The Space or Ether Element: Finally, space or ether is where everything else resides. When we connect with the space element, we tap into our freedom to breathe, to move, to be open to connection to the Universe and everything in it. Find your connection with: Element Yoga: Space.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND EXPERIENCE:
- Nature lovers
- Anyone interested in how the power of nature can enhance your yoga practice
- Those curious about how we can use the power of the natural world in our everyday life
- Nourishing vinyasa yoga practices, inspired by the elements in nature
- Classes specific to each element (Air, Earth, Fire, Water, & Ether)
- How to harness the power of nature both on your yoga mat and off your mat in everyday life
Download Your Purchased Program
You have purchase this program before. The individual items for this program can be downloaded from your orders.
Would you like to download it now?