Meditation, Myths & Mantras
The Meditation, Myths & Mantras online course covers the power of sacred sound and the profound practice of meditation. This course not only teaches you how to develop your own meditation practice, but also how to teach a variety of meditations to others. You learn the significance of Sanskrit, mantra and chanting while going through their corresponding myth and meaning. Included in this module are both of Alanna’s books: Sacred Sound: Discovering the Myth and Meaning Behind Mantra and Kirtan, and Myths of the Asanas: Stories at the Heart of the Yoga Tradition.
In this module, you learn:
- The power of Sanskrit, its history and basic pronunciation techniques
- The history and potency of mantra practice and its impact on the mind, body and spirit
- Select sacred mantras and chants, and how to say them and teach them to students
- Why myth is important and how to share enlivening stories in class in an accessible way
- The importance of meditation, how to develop your own meditation practice and how to teach it to others
This course features interactive testing and assignments that allow you to work with our esteemed mentors as you hone and refine your skills. Throughout the course, you are asked to upload video and written assignments that demonstrate your learning and development in these areas, while giving you an opportunity to receive helpful feedback from our mentors to promote growth. Upon successful completion, you receive a certificate saying you have demonstrated proficiency in the skills learned throughout this course.