- Helps maintain healthy curvature of your spine
- Lengthens spinal muscles, hamstrings, and calf muscles
- Strengthens back, core, and thigh muscles
- Helps prepare your body for deeper forward folding postures
- Low back injury
- Neck injury
- Place your hands on two blocks positioned in front of your feet to allow for more length. Press down slightly into the blocks as you lift your chest and lengthen your spine
This posture activates the Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana), which governs intimacy and creativity, as well as the Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura), which governs confidence level and personal power. Practicing this pose can help one feel more connected and confident, and also help tame the ego.