This warm and comforting stir fry recipe tastes delicious any time of the year, and reminds me of balmy summer nights in Bali. It’s worth the extra effort to find fresh lemongrass, which can usually be found at your local Asian market (I once drove an hour to find it).
The three-herb sauce is bursting with nutrients and flavor and after the prep is done, this dish can be thrown together rather quickly which makes it perfect for dinner parties. If you don’t have a wok, you can still make this recipe in a regular frying pan with a little extra oil :) Enjoy!
Thai Stir Fry with Three Herb Sauce
Three Herb Sauce
Lemon grass, 2 – 4 stalks
Large box of basil, stemmed
1/3 bunch of cilantro, stemmed
.6 oz of fresh mint, stemmed
1⁄4 cup coconut aminos
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tablespoons raw honey
2 jalapeños (seeds scraped)
1 T. minced garlic
1⁄4 cup sesame oil
1⁄2 cup olive oil
1. Bruise the lemon grass and trim and core. Cut into thin rings.
2. Place all of the ingredients, except for the oils, into the food processor and puree until well blended.
3. With the motor running, stream in the sesame oil and olive oil.
4. Adjust any seasonings to your taste, balancing the sweetener and lime juice.
5. Transfer to a clean bowl.
Thai Stir Fry
1 pound udon, rice or mung bean noodles
1 T. toasted sesame oil
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 red pepper, julienned
1/3 cup peanuts
4 scallions, sliced
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain
2. Heat wok to high heat, add toasted sesame oil.
3. Add onions and peppers. Sauté 2 -4 minutes.
4. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Add noodles and toss well.
Transfer to bowls or serving platter and garnish with peanuts and green onions.
Serves 4 – 6
*If you do not have a wok, a non-stick pan works fine. The benefit of a wok is that it concentrates high
heat in a small area to sear in flavor and cook quickly.
*Option to use rice and mung bean noodles to make this recipe gluten free.
*Option to add fried egg or tofu for additional protein.
By Jenny Darco
Signup for info on the latest classes and discounts.
© COPYRIGHT 2019 YOGADOWNLOAD